Wednesday, October 3, 2012

the process

i have been finding myself inspired to create lately.  i have a small, but decent collection of gemstones and materials that i continually look through and find myself moved to create different pieces.  i love how various stones look together.  a pair of earrings can look so very different when one single gemstone is replaced!

i think my favorite thing about creating jewelry is the creative process.  i love making one of a kind pieces.  i am able to use whatever stones i am moved to use in that moment and then create a piece.  perhaps i have enough stones to make another, but overall, i create a piece and then look to see what inspires me next.  i know that it causes more work for me on the selling end of things...coming up with names, writing descriptions, but honestly i love all that too!  i used to write poetry when i was younger and i miss it quite a bit.  writing jewelry descriptions and giving them names taps into that creative energy i miss so much.

i have to be careful not to just shop and shop for gemstones and components.  i will see various stones and metals and HAVE to have them for a piece.  i hold myself back almost every time, but it is rather difficult.  i am hoping that once my sales pick up (crossing fingers) that i will be able to indulge a bit more in this aspect of making jewelry.  i love searching for pieces that i can envision using in one piece or another.  already my style and tastes have branched out.  i thought i would stick to pretty simple items, but my mind is wanting me to go farther and more creative.  it will be wonderful when i can act on that!

i have added a bunch of new items to my shop and still have more coming!  it is so exciting to see my little etsy shop grow!  i hope with more and more people seeing my shop and my jewelry through various avenues, that soon it will take off and i can do a little happy dance of joy.  heck, if the happy dance of joy i did after my first sale is any standard to go by, it will be one *heck* of a happy dance!


patricia
http://www.etsy.com/shop/AveryBethDesigns

No comments:

Post a Comment